Titanic Embiid vs. Jokic with stolen Lakers?
The results of the night in the NBA
Nuggets @ Sixers : 119-126
knicks@ net : 115-122
Rockets @ Pistons: 117-114
Bulls @Magic: 128-109
Clippers @ Falcons: 120-113
Kings @ monsters : 110-117
Wizards @Pelicans: 113-103
Suns @ Spurs: 128-118, after overtime
Lakers @ The Celtics : 121-125, after overtime
Mavs @ Jazz : 100-108
Raptors @ Blazers: 123-105
With Joel Embiid and James Harden, things are rolling for the Sixers
– The Lakers feel robbed against Boston and we risk hearing about it for a few days… It has to be said that the thriller between the two historic rivals ended in the end of the 4th quarter – a pretty crazy time, before the Celtics took the lead in overtime. With the two teams tied, Jayson Tatum fouled out LeBron James only the judges don’t seem to see it. Double punishment behind: protest Patrick Beverleythe backup camera gave him a technical foul, which put Boston on the right track to start overtime…
IT REALLY CAN’T BE CLEARER THAN THAT pic.twitter.com/LE6c3U6P7n
— Lakers Lead (@LakersLead) January 29, 2023
In addition to this favorable event, it also benefited from the increase in the pressure of C Jaylen Brown, king of money time and overtime. Brown scored 37 points, including a three-pointer with 4 seconds left in the fourth quarter, and ended his team’s 3-game losing streak with 11 points in overtime.
With 19 leader changes on the scoreboard, LeBron James was incredible again in this part: 41 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. Small consolation for King, as his Lakers are once again 13th in the West.
– The Lakers also saw the Jazz pick up a win over Dallas and move up two spots to 10th. Utah took advantage of the absence of Luka Doncic, who suffered an ankle injury, to score a beautiful shot. Lauri Markkanen (29 points). On the other hand, 12th-ranked Portland missed the opportunity and lost at home to Toronto. The Raptors rolled through Oregon State and never trailed Dear Achiuwa (27 points, 13 rebounds) and Pascal Siakam (24 points). Combined 56 points Damian Lillard and Jeremy Grant was not enough.
– Joel Embiid was on a mission to prove he had more than enough to spare Nikola Jokic being named MVP for the third consecutive time at his expense. The Sixers center was terrific in his team’s win against Denver, winning his duel with the Joker quite clearly. Embiid had 47 points, 18 rebounds, 5 assists and 3 steals and carried Philadelphia into the second half as the Nuggets took a 15-point lead into the locker room.
Off after halftime, Michael Malone’s men couldn’t stop Embiid. James Harden (17 points, 13 points) and Tobias Harriswho collected 14 points in the second half. The Sixers are on a roll and are on a 7-game winning streak. They lurk behind the Celtics with real momentum to ensure they resist their chasers.
Joel Embiid had a MONSTER performance in the Sixers W. #NBArivalsWeek pic.twitter.com/TiXwFAFsZE
— NBA (@NBA) January 28, 2023
– After two consecutive defeats, Brooklyn lifted its head by winning the New York derby. The Nets beat the Knicks for the 9th time in a row, this time thanks to a promotion Kyrie Irving during the game. The All-Star guard was a nightmare for opponents, scoring 21 of his 32 points in the final nine minutes of the game. Everything happened, including a very long 3-pointer with 50 seconds left. Kyrie also had 9 assists and 6 rebounds.
– The Rockets beat the Pistons without Jalen Green, Alperen Sengun, Kevin Porter Jr. and coach Stephen Silas. Kenyon Martin Jr He was the most clutch player of the game with a 30-second 4-pointer that allowed the Rockets to win.
Killian Hayes came off the bench and had 8 points, 7 assists and 1 steal in 21 minutes.
– “Bulls” had some fears in Orlando. While leading by 25 points, DeMar DeRozan, Zach LaVine (32 points each) and their teammates saw the Magic mount a furious comeback and come back to within 6 points as timeout approached. After two straight losses, Chicago held off the momentum to earn a must-win win.
– We don’t talk about it much, but “Klippers” are giving fuel right now. They won their fifth in a row tonight in Atlanta, thanks in particular to 32 points. Kawhi Leonard and coolly Paul George (23 points) on the line at the end of the game. LA’s defense limited the Hawks to 25% 3-point range, which didn’t stop Trae Young (31 points) and his friends come back with 4 points after 2 minutes from the end. Nikolay Batum After 49 seconds, it was worth the money with a 3-point basket from the corner.
– “Spurs” have never beaten “Phoenix”, but they almost fell behind. San Antonio took overtime with a big run (18-7) as the Suns had the game in hand. Chris Paul (31 points), Mikal bridges (25 points) and their teammates finally escaped that trap, especially thanks to Bridges’ 8 points in overtime.
The Wolves and Kings are in reverse this weekend. Minnesota won its third straight and dropped its second straight loss to Sacramento, which is still No. 3 in the West despite pressure from the Clippers. Anthony Edwards (34 points), D’Angelo Russell (25 points), Rudy Gobert (13 points, 14 rebounds), also excellent Naz Reid (14 points off the bench) did most of the work, especially in the 3rd quarter when the Wolves made the difference.
– The pelicans continue to slide. NOLA lost for the 7th time in a row, this time at home against the Wizards. Washington once again demonstrated its good form away from home (4th in a row) by making a good impression Daniel Gafford (21 pts, 12 rbds, 5 blks) and Deni Avdia (15 pts, 9 rbds, 2 stls).