Although we are a few months away from its launch, the iPhone 15 has already revealed many of its secrets through various leaks. So here’s everything we think we know about Apple’s next smartphone.
A new variation
This year again, Apple has to offer us 4 versions of iPhone 15but there may be a change in destination.
- Thus, we can find the big two divisions of standard and ultra high-end models iPhone 15 and 15 Plus and iPhone 15 Pro and 15 Pro Maxunless the latter comes with a new name.
- Apple is rumored to be proposing a new name for its top-of-the-line model. The latter may indeed have the same nomenclature as the new connected watch model, the Apple Watch Ultra, and thusiPhone 15 Ultra.
Continuing in this way, the Cupertino company will provide widening the gap between standard, premium and ultra-premium models. A strategy that has already started since the iPhone 14 Pro Max benefited from a better photo module last year, with more zoom at the telephoto end and better stabilization for the wide-angle and ultra-wide-angle sensor.
The desire to widen this difference would be reflected in the price.
- The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone Ultra are rumored to benefit from a processor etched at 3nm. A more expensive etching process that will offer major benefits improve autonomy and will be transferred to the price of the devices.
It is not yet known how much the top-end models will be increased. Other changes and improvements made may also increase the rating.
The first iPhone 15 to benefit from a USB-C port?
Apple plans to comply with European Union requirements by replacing its Lightning port with the EU’s chosen “universal” port. The company has confirmed it, but this year could start this revolution.
- Therefore, the guts of the iPhone must be reviewed in both standard and premium models, which is enough to add work to engineers.
- This change, which may be specific to models intended for the European market, may thus affect their price.
- Unless Apple sticks its nose in the EU and releases a completely portless smartphone.
Disappearance of acne
A project that also includes the absence of buttons to have a 100% waterproof device. An aspect that can be realized this year.
- Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo actually thinks that at least one version of the iPhone 15 will lack physical buttons.
- They will be replaced by tactile spaces associated with haptic feedback.
To stick with the design, Apple is also rumored to incorporate titanium into the iPhone Ultra for more durability, which will once again be felt at the price point.
Dynamic iPhone 15 and 15 Plus
The notch that was redesigned and tweaked last year on the iPhone 14 Pro and 14 Pro Max will make its debut on this year’s standard models.
- It seems that Apple managed to adopt this “pill” design of the notch thanks to the Dynamic Island software layer, which makes particularly good use of this new format and therefore wants to accommodate it across the range. .
Finally, when it comes to the phones’ specs, not much is known except that they will definitely be upgraded.
- Thus, the iPhone 15 Pro and Ultra will benefit from a new generation processor, namely the A17 Bionic, engraved at 3 nm, while the 15 and 15 Plus models will ship the A16 Bionic, which is last year’s version.
- The photo part will also be improved, especially for premium models, through a periscope photo sensor.
Obviously, we will have to wait until September to find out the official specifications of the iPhone 15. Meanwhile, new leaks and rumors should still reach us.