Companies, which electric car to choose?
Today, electric cars are especially common in company fleets. In the new market, these engines now account for 18% of registrations.
The offer has made great progress and has become more diversified, better meeting the needs of users. Hyundai chose not to choose: a strong technological trend that allows the brand to offer all electrified engines: hybrid, micro-hybrid, rechargeable hybrid, hydrogen and 100% electric.
Limited offer. 2 months for 1 € without obligation
The acceleration of the introduction of electric vehicles is partly explained by the introduction of new laws that formalize the end of sales of thermal vehicles by 2035.
The LOM (Mobility Orientation Law) requires companies with more than 50 employees and a fleet of more than 100 vehicles to order 10% low-emission vehicles (less than 60 g/km CO2). This percentage will increase to 20% from January 1, 2024, to 40% in 2027, and to 70% in 2030.
This text is reinforced by the Climate and Sustainability Act, which aims to reduce global CO2 emissions by 55% by 2030.
Finally, we are witnessing the creation of ZFE (low emission mobility zones), which progressively pollute vehicles from cities with a population of over 150,000. By 2025, there will be 45.
Businesses and local authorities are gradually electrifying their fleets. This energy is, in fact, the only energy that subscribes to these new standards.
Electric vehicles: what are the benefits for businesses?
An electric car must meet a number of challenges in order to prove itself decisively in business:
– Ensuring sufficient autonomy, a situation partly due to the capacity of the batteries
– Adjust recharge times to be longer or longer. It depends on the power of the charging station (for example, it is possible to charge from 10% to 80% of its battery in just 18 minutes in an ultra-fast terminal)
– Developing the network of filling stations and their number. The government’s goal is to reach 7 million public and private charging points by 2030.
In return, it benefits from a number of natural advantages:
– Reduced maintenance. It does not need to be disassembled and has few worn parts to replace.
– Cheaper charging than internal combustion cars.
– Availability in all French cities and low emission zones
– Advantageous taxation, i.e.: full exemption from regional tax on registration certificate, full exemption from TAVS, environmental bonus, conversion bonus
– Lower TCO (total cost of ownership) compared to a thermal car.
Electric car assistants
Companies, like individuals, benefit from tax incentives for purchasing low-emission vehicles.
– Legal entities can benefit from a conversion bonus of €2,500 for the purchase of a passenger car, electric or plug-in hybrid (over 50 km) with a purchase price of less than or equal to €60,000.
– The environmental bonus for electric vehicles (with a value of less than 47,000 euros, increased by the cost of the rented battery if necessary) is set at 4,000 euros until the end of December 2022 for legal entities.
Legal entities benefit from a conversion bonus of 2,500 euros for plug-in hybrids with a range of more than 50 km and a purchase price of less than 60,000 euros.
– ZFE surcharge. It is issued by certain regions to compensate for the creation of ZFE-m. This applies to a low-emission model in exchange for the destruction of a polluting car and can reach a maximum of 1,000 euros.
What are the discounts for electric vehicles?
Electric cars have many other advantages. Indeed, they are now exempt from two taxes that replaced the former TVS (taxes on company vehicles) called TAVS.
They also benefit from reduced registration tax depending on the region and are entitled to a more advantageous tax deduction for depreciation (ceiling €30,000).
To help you see more clearly, Hyundai Business consultants support professionals and companies with greening logic. They will advise you to determine the most suitable solution, taking into account needs and uses in the logic of TCO optimization.
To try it is to accept it
Employees of companies that test an electric car are generally very satisfied with their driving experience. In short, to try it is to master it.
Teams from 65 Hyundai Business Centers in France offer this type of testing for professionals. These teams of specially trained professionals are also able to answer the questions and needs of business customers.
These specialists support fleet managers in selecting vehicles and engines with pragmatism and efficiency. The goal is to be part of the company’s more virtuous mobility plan.
Hyundai is ahead
Hyundai now offers the widest electrified range on the market, from city cars to SUVs: mild hybrid, full hybrid, plug-in hybrid, 100% electric with battery or fuel cell (hydrogen).
These cars have the following main advantages:
– great comfort
– exceptional level of equipment
– different battery levels depending on electric cars
– Optimized charging times thanks to 800v fast charging technology
– competitive prices and TCO
– an unprecedented 5-year warranty for cars, unlimited mileage and 8 years for batteries.
Hyundai has a solution for every type of business need.
Discover Drive to Business with Hyundai.
Chronicle of Denys de Bechillon
Chronicle of Cécile Maisonneuve