Cover image: EVGENIY MALOLETKA / AP
- At least ten people were killed, fifty-one injured and electricity and water cut off as a result of Russian bombing of Ukrainian infrastructure on Wednesday., mainly in the capital city of Kyiv. According to the Ukrainian Air Force, Moscow fired about seventy cruise missiles at Ukraine, of which fifty-one were shot down and five suicide drones were sent.
- This was said by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyproblems have arisen in supplying water and electricity to about fifteen districts. “The situation with electricity remains difficult in almost all regions. However, we are gradually moving away from outages and reconnecting electricity to new customers every hour.”he said.
- French diplomacy announced “Strengthening mobilization for the benefit of the Ukrainian people”. Before detailing your help: “In response to Ukraine’s request, The Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs is currently transporting 100 generators from 50 KW to 100 KW to Romania. These generators will be handed over to the Ukrainian authorities in the near future. »
- “These actions clearly constitute war crimes,” he said French diplomacy. “This systematic targeting of the population as winter approaches reflects Russia’s clear desire to deprive the Ukrainian people of water, heat and electricity in order to make them suffer and weaken their resilience. »
- French President Emmanuel Macron announced on Wednesday that he would “direct contact” with his Russian counterpart Vladimir Putin, “In the next few days”in particular, it is a source of concern for Ukraine’s civilian nuclear power.
- “With temperatures below 0°C, tens of millions of people without power, heat and water, this is a clear crime against humanity.”In a brief statement to the United Nations (UN) Security Council, he criticized Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy.
- After these holidays there were three nuclear power plants “disconnected” of the power grid, without any results in the level of radiation at this stage. The supply of Zaporizhzhya (Southern) territory occupied by the Russians was stopped.
- Moldova, which is already suffering from major energy problems caused by the Ukrainian war, became a victim of this “Mass blackout”Deputy Prime Minister Andrey Spinudan was sad.
- On the diplomatic front The European Parliament on Wednesday called Russia a“State Propagator of Terrorism”, nearly nine months after the start of Russia’s aggression against Ukraine in the vote. He also announced that his website became the target of a cyber attack claimed by a “Pro-Kremlin group”.
- The United States has announced new military aid worth $400 million to Ukraine for additional weapons, ammunition and anti-aircraft defenses. Great Britain has sent the first Sea King helicopter to Ukraine and plans to deliver two more.
Get to know us directly from yesterday by clicking this link.
Read all our articles, analysis and reports on the war in Ukraine
Report. Nine months later, Russian missiles targeted only civilians
Actually. The European Parliament called Russia “a state that propagates terrorism”.
Report. Secret movement of Ukrainian partisans in the battle of Kherson “at the center of victory”.
Tribune. “Central Europe has not created a single, unified and unified bloc in relation to Russia”
Actually. Against the backdrop of the war in Ukraine, the Russian president of UNESCO’s World Heritage Committee will resign.
Tribune. Oleksandr Tkachenko, Minister of Ukraine: “The civilized world must take active measures to prevent the Russian propaganda machine from winning the information war.”
Reviews. Diary of two Ukrainian sisters : “Descending into a cold and smelly shelter brings home the sad reality of war”
Actually. Dunya’s answers to the most frequently asked questions