WORLD CUP 2022. The participation of French and international artists is expected in Qatar for the opening and closing ceremonies of this world football championship.
[Mis à jour le 23 novembre 2022 à 15h00] Morgan Freeman and BTS (or almost): The opening ceremony of the World Cup in Qatar was far from the shower of artists announced before the event. This controversial world opened on Sunday, November 20 at the Al-Bait Stadium in Al-Khor, north of Doha. On stage, the audience and the audience were able to applaud American actor Morgan Freeman, who came with a message of “respect and inclusion.” On the music side, neither Shakira nor Dua Lipa, rumored to be just South Korean K-Pop phenomenon Jungkook, covered the hit. DreamersWith Qatari artist Fahad Al-Kubaisi.
Before the start of the World Cup, the Gulf State announced the (long) list of artists who will perform throughout the competition. Also, Robbie Williams (already attending the 2018 world opener in Russia) is scheduled to perform at Qatar’s Doha Golf Club on December 8. Other heavyweights of the international music industry who have said yes (according to the organizers of the world): Black Eyed Peas, David Guetta, Maroon 5, J Balvin, Post Malone and Enrique Iglesias. As the general manager of the 2022 World Cup, Nasser Al Khater, announced a month before the start, there are many guests in the service of “an unforgettable festival that combines football and entertainment”.
Concert program of the World Championship
Despite the polemics and controversies surrounding this World Cup in Qatar, several French and international artists have accepted an invitation to perform from the Gulf State at what they call the “FIFA Fan Festival”. We present the program announced on the official website of WC-2022:
- Monday, November 21: Blue
- Tuesday, November 22: Diplo
- Wednesday, November 23: Kizz Daniel
- Thursday, November 24: Zeynep Bashtik
- Friday, November 25: Tamtam and Felukah
- Saturday, November 26: Bader AlZhuaibi
- Sunday, November 27: DJ Khaled Mamdouh
- Monday, November 28: Patoranking
- Tuesday, November 29: Nora Fatehi
- Wednesday, November 30: Omar Montes
- Thursday, December 1: Trinidad Cardona
- Friday, December 2: DJ Aseel
- Saturday, December 3: Gims
- Sunday, December 4: DJ Topic
- Monday, December 5: Tokyo Myers
- Tuesday, December 6: Miami Band
- Wednesday, December 7: 4Love
- Thursday 8 December: Julian Marley and the Rebellion
- Friday, December 9: Myrat
- Saturday, December 10: Calvin Harris
- Sunday, December 11: Retro night
- Monday, December 12: Hasan Shakosh
- Tuesday, December 13 and Wednesday, December 14: DJ Cosmicat
- Thursday, December 15: Paul van Dyk
- Friday, December 16: Pure is a thief
- Saturday, December 17: Sean Paul
Dua Lipa, Rod Stewart… Artists who say no to Qatar
A few weeks before the start of the World Cup, many rumors announced the arrival of several artists, especially Shakira or Dua Lipa, in Qatar. But the British singer categorically denied it on social networks, explaining that “he can’t wait to go to Qatar after fulfilling all his human rights obligations”.
In turn, the legendary English rock singer Rod Stewart told the Sunday Times newspaper: “I was offered a lot of money, more than a million dollars, to play there (in Qatar) for 15 months. down. It’s not good to go.” It’s the same story for Shakira, who has tied the World Cup and her host country’s carbon footprint. “No one has the luxury of saying, ‘No, I’m not going to be there,'” the singer told environmental magazine Gala UK.
Gims at the closing ceremony of the World Cup
Finally, an artist who confirmed his trip to Qatar himself: Gims. The rapper will perform the closing show of the world championship in Lusail, north of Doha, on December 18. The rapper wrote on social networks: “At the end of the meeting, I am happy to announce that I will perform for France in the final of the World Cup live from Doha on December 18…”.