For two consecutive years, Samsung has achieved double-digit growth in brand value
Samsung Electronics has been recognized as one of the top five global brands in 2022 by Interbrand, a global brand consultancy. Every year, Interbrand announces the top 100 brands in the world, and the value of the Samsung brand is estimated at 87.7 USD. billion, which represents a 17% increase from 2021’s $74.6 billion, placing the company in fifth place for three years in a row.
This achievement is based on Samsung’s recovered financials, which are now close to pre-pandemic levels, and increased demand for storage due to increased data usage. In 2021, Samsung recorded a 20% increase in brand value compared to 2020 and continues to grow in double digits this year. Samsung entered the top 10 list for the first time in 2012 at number 9, and has managed to move up the table every year, climbing to number six in 2017 and number five in 2020.
“Samsung Electronics has been able to achieve two consecutive years of double-digit brand value growth thanks to the support of our global customers,” he said. YH Lee, Senior Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer of Samsung Electronics. “In turn, the entire company will work together as a team to deliver a better and more satisfying customer experience. »
Various Factors Evaluated by Interbrand to Create Samsung Brand Value
In late 2021, Samsung Electronics merged the SET division and created the Device Experience division to increase synergy between its products and provide a higher level of experience for customers. In addition, Samsung has also launched the eXperience-Multi Device Customer Experience Center to enhance the multi-device connectivity experience.
In addition to these measures, Samsung has integrated SmartThings into its product categories, creating an inclusive ecosystem and multi-device experience. SmartThings also allows consumers to get the most out of Samsung devices as well as third-party products they already own.
In addition, Samsung’s Next Generation Lab was created to foster authentic conversations about the next generation of business. The knowledge gained from the laboratory was applied to products and marketing activities.
In addition to innovative products based on consumer experiences, the development of advanced technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, automotive and robotics through continuous investment has also played a role in Samsung’s growth.
Samsung’s recognized efforts for better customer experience in every product division
- The Galaxy S22 series camera innovation is based on customer feedback and the rollout of the Nightography campaign, which cemented its leadership in the foldable mobile phone category.
- Collaboration with Google and Microsoft to enhance the connected user experience
- Preserving the value of user security and privacy with Samsung Knox
- Leading network path innovation in virtualization and openness with large-scale business experiences
- Powering the 5G industry with a leading 5G portfolio from RAN and Core to automation tools
- Achieving ESG connectivity through smart grid solutions for energy efficiency
- Continuous innovation of premium TVs including Micro LED, QLED Neo 8K/4K TV
- Strengthen the product line according to the lifestyle of customers, such as The Frame, Le Freestyle
- Bring new gaming experiences to consumers, including Samsung Gaming Hub and Odyssey Ark
- Expand product categories beyond the Kitchen to the entire home, including apparel, flooring and air care
- Proposing sustainability values through its products (achieving a high energy saving rate for key products, guarantees for the digital inverter compressor, reducing microplastic emissions from washing machines in collaboration with Patagonia)
- Engage ordering followers with engagement-based online and offline campaigns
- Invest in next-generation technologies and manufacturing capabilities to ensure stable supply for cutting-edge applications (construction of a new $17 billion production line in Texas, construction of a KRW 20 trillion R&D complex in Giheung)
- Deliver breakthrough semiconductor innovations that improve product performance and energy efficiency (the industry’s first 3nm mass production AAG)
- Develop innovative memory solutions to address the rapid growth of data-intensive tasks in areas such as artificial intelligence and machine learning (CXL memory, HBM-PIM, second-generation SmartSSD) and expand strategic partnerships to meet new industry challenges.
- Pushing the boundaries of logical solutions that can provide improved user experience and new possibilities (Exynos 5G modem, Exynos 2200, ISOCELL HP3 200MP)
Interbrand’s top global brands are ranked according to each brand value ranking, which results from a comprehensive analysis of the company’s financial performance, brand impact on customer purchases and brand competitiveness.