How to hide apps from home screen and apps
This page has been translated using artificial intelligence and machine learning before being reviewed by a human editor in your native language.
(Pocket-lint) – Did you know you can hide apps on your iPhone so they don’t show up on the home screen? You can even hide them from search results on iPhone without deleting them. And to find the app you’ve hidden, just swipe to the bottom of your iPhone’s home screen and open App Library. Here’s what you need to know.
Also: Apple iPhone 14 tips and tricks: 16 features to try
Why hide the app?
You can stack multiple apps on your iPhone’s home screen and clutter it with icons. But Apple gives you ways to control and navigate your home screen. You can, for example, move apps into folders and hide them entirely from the home screen without uninstalling the app or deleting your saved data. After hiding an app, you can still quickly open it by going to the app library screen. But if you want to hide it from search results, you can do that too.
How to hide apps on iPhone home screen?
There are several ways to hide apps on iPhone without deleting them. You can hide apps individually or hide a page of apps at a time.
Hide single iPhone app
- Find the app you want to hide and hold your finger on it.
- When the options menu appears, tap Uninstall a program.
- Find and select the “Uninstall application” option.
- Select the Delete option from the main screen.
- The icon will disappear from your home screen. You’ll still see it in the App Library.
- Hide: Find it in the app library, tap and hold it, then select Add to Home screen.
Hide the application page
- Press and hold your finger specifically on the dots at the bottom of your home screen.
- Showing the page you are viewing.
- Keep this pressure until the iPhone displays all pages at once.
- (If all apps move without you zooming in, lift your finger and tap the dots again).
- Find the app page you want to hide.
- To remove an app, tap the check mark below it.
- Tap Done in the upper right corner.
- You should no longer see the pages you’ve unmarked. But the apps will still be in the app library.
How to find apps in the App Library
All hidden apps can be accessed in the App Library – a running list of all the apps on your iPhone. To access the app library, go to the latest page on your home screen. Whenever you want to use a hidden app, you can easily open it from there.
Does hiding an app delete its data?
Nope. Hiding an iPhone app does not erase its data.
This week we discuss the Razr 2022, review the latest iPad, and chat with HB Studios about PGA Tour 2K23.
Can we show the app?
Yes, you can delete it at any time. To show a hidden app, go to the app library and find the app. Touch and hold the icon, then drag it to the left.
How to hide apps from iPhone search results
Apart from the app library, you can also find hidden apps on the home screen by scrolling down and searching for them. However, you can prevent apps from appearing in search results. This is useful for privacy reasons. All you have to do is open the Settings app and swipe down to tap Siri and Search. In the drop-down menu, scroll down and select the app you want to hide from search. Tap the Show in Search button to gray out and disable the app.
After that, this program will not appear in search results.
Written by Maggie Tillman.